The monastery of St Nicolas is located inside the forest at the western slope of mountain "Stavros". Beside you can find the chapel of St John the Kalyvitis.There is no explicit testimony about the exact year that the monastery was established. "1742"(which is written under the base of the belfry) may be the year of establishment or renovation but it can't be determined with certainty.Its architectural style issingle-aisled basilica and it was built of common rubble. The monastery has two different entrance gates. The enterior design is simple and delicate. The small colourful crosses and stars that decorate the dome inside of the church are Nikolaos' Andrianos artworks.He was both son and pupil of Salaminian hagiographer Dimitrios Andrianos.Today in the nave of the church , there are four portable holy icons of St Nicolas , Virgin Mary holding Child, enthroned Christ and St John.All artworks of Athenian painter John Athanasios(18th century). There are also some small pictures of "dodekaorton" as well as the portable icon of "the Great High Priest" at the south transept of the church. During the period of Ottoman rule and the greek revolution in 1821, the rising Monastery(for men) of St Nicolas has been a shelter , a place of refuge and hospitality for those who were persecuted by the Ottomans. These actions drained all its financial resources and led the church to insolvency.However, in 1833, the newly established Greek state adopted a Royal Decree that not only it didn't recognise the great offer of the monastery but it demanded its dissolution and divesture of property.Until 1966, tha monestery was completely abandonned. In 1966, the monastery was reestablished as a convent and till today remains the same.